The purpose of this ideabook is to help you create a profile as a professional on homify. All you need to do is follow the simple step-by-step instructions below to register. This only takes a few minutes! You will also learn tips to optimise your profile so that you can attract potential customers.
1. Where do I go to register as a professional?
The first and most important step to register on homify.co.uk is to click on the "Professionals" category. This can be found on the black banner of our homepage. Signing up to homify is completely free of charge. Once you have entered the "Professionals" screen, click on the orange button, which is located on the top right hand corner, to begin the super speedy sign up process.
2. How do I sign up as a professional?
Signing up is very simple; just enter your e-mail address, choose a password (made up from a combination of letters and numbers), re-enter it to confirm, and accept the terms and conditions. You can also elect at this point if you want to sign up to the homify newsletter. This can be always be edited at a later date.
Click the large green button below that says "Sign up for free", and your registration will be immediately effective.
3. What information am I required to give at registration?
The following information will help you to fill in your information correctly and swiftly.
Please note: All fields marked with a * are mandatory.
1. Enter a unique username. Contrary to the name of your company, it will not appear on your public profile.
2. Upload a profile photo. This may be your company logo or a photo of yourself if you own a small business. The ideal dimensions are 272 x 272 px.
3. Enter the URL of your website (i.e the web address that appears in your browsers tool bar).
4. Enter the exact name of your company.
5. In the drop-down menu, select the category that best fits your company e.g Architects, Interior Designer etc. Additional categories can be manually entered into box 8.
6. Specify if your company is open to individuals (private), other professionals (commercial), or both. This selection gives potential clients the ability to target their research for a professional.
7. Add a description of your company; for example: its history and specialities which distinguish it from competitors. Provide as much information as possible so that potential customers have a clear picture of your company.
8. Add the different services that your company offers so that your potential clients can easily find your profile.
Please see the next image for the continuation of the same screen.
4. How can I best optimise my profile?
1. Enter your place of business, taking into account other major cities in the surrounding area.
2. Add awards and prizes that your company has obtained, if applicable.
3. You can specify the legal property of your company or add the link to this page from your website.
4. In the appropriate fields, enter the links to your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ profiles (if applicable).
5. Enter the company contact details: E.g address and telephone number. The more information you supply on your profile, the easier it is for new clientèle to contact you. After entering this information, click "Save".
5. How do I create my first project?
You can now create your first project, by clicking on "Create a project / Upload Photos" at the top of the screen, or the second button as indicated by the red arrow.
6. How do I upload other projects?
To add more projects, click on "New Project", as indicated by the red arrow. Please keep in mind that the most recently added projects are always displayed on the top.
To find our more on how to create your first project click here.