The factory is made up of two buildings that join to form an L shape.
The east wing ( as described in the French report) was the original factory that was built sometime between 1903, the date of the original plans for the first building, and 1916 when there is evidence in the form of a postmarked postcard that the first building existed. The southern wing (as described in the French report, although it actually faces west) was a later addition rumoured to have been built during the second world war by Italian prisoners of war. Both buildings are made from granite ( not breeze block – ‘moellon’ – as described in the French report in 1997) with red brick surrounding the window and door openings. The later building has a pitched, cast concrete roof that has been covered in traditional pan tiles.