This rebuild was designed to maximise light – creating a chic, statement home that our clients could retire into.
• Dramatic overhangs at ground and first floor levels create dynamic architectural features and brise soleil, which protects against solar gain
• Large vertical windows create a strong connection to the surrounding landscape, creating bold and contemporary elevations
• Continuous cladding and timber ceilings and external soffits create an aesthetic flow that connects the house and the garden
• A sunken fire creates a versatile outdoor space that can be used year-round
• The rear of the house ‘floats’, a highly unique and inventive detail