Keen to restore an Art Deco-era house to its former glory, our clients were also wishing for a fully accessible family home to enjoy. We knew we could achieve both these aspirations through planning and design cleverness.
Our design preserves and enhances the character of the Art Deco house and the surrounding Snaresbrook Conservation Area.
- Sympathetic restoration with a modern architectural roof addition enhances the street scene
- Render grooves, set backs and low relief decorative panels have been restored
- Remodelled rear elevation reinstates a sense of symmetry and rhythm
- Dark aluminium clad extensions profiled to complement the Art Deco linear style
- Metal-framed windows and doors lend a sense of quality and authenticity
- 2-storey curtain glazing provides ample natural daylight and views
- Fully accessible both externally and internally to meet family needs
- Garden room at the rear links architecturally to the remodelled house