This Edwardian summer house required attention. The roof felt, some timber sheeting and the timber mouldings around the eaves needed replacing. The flatness of the front part of the roof encouraged stagnating water puddles. I increased the gradient of the flatter front part of the roof and made it project beyond the timber wall. This will ensure water to run-off and drop to the ground instead of wetting the wall and possibly infiltrating the wall.
The new decorative timber mouldings support the roof projection and replicate the original feature. Lead sheeting protects the rim of the timber sheeting. Finally there were originally 2 finials but one was completely rotten—a twin replica was ordered. I made a CAD drawing with all the measurements and specifications and Artisan Tim turned a perfect hardwood copy. I replaced the door frame, timber weather bar and other bits of timber. Maybe next year my client will want to restore the decorative floral ridge.