This complex rear extension, with a ground-floor ‘garden room’ and 2 new bedroom suites; inclusive of the enlarged master bedroom, is highly innovative while appearing simple and chic.
• Deep, cantilevered eaves are a dramatic feature with a highly practical purpose, offering protection from all the elements.
• Luxurious elements abound, including bespoke lighting and a sunken wine cellar flush with the tiled flooring.
• The rear gabled extensions were duplicated to achieve a pleasing symmetry.
• Wrap-around glazing makes the new downstairs room completely at one with the garden.
• A ‘living’ green (Sedum) roof provides additional thermal insulation while also giving an attractive view from the new bedrooms.
Location: Chingford, Essex