"tona" is a Tokyo based design studio, established by textile & interior designer Rika Kawato. The keywords of tona’s design are: color, material, finish, and the sense of nature. Color, material and finish have a great impact on how people perceive spaces and products. By carefully analyzing the right tone of color, the right material for the purpose, and the right finish, spaces or products will have strong appeal. The studio's works are characterized by a fascination with the ordinary things in everyday life such as wind and light. This adds a sense of nature to its design. Recent works include textile, interior, furniture, product, and graphic design.
- Textile Design
- Interior decor
- Furniture Design
- product design
- Graphic Design
- Exhibition Design
- trend research & analysis
- Service areas
- Company awards
- Received the 1st prize in the competition for new products from Kagoshima prefecture in Japan :“itu” a necklace series designed with Amami Oshima Pongee, a traditional silk kimono textile. (designed by st+to)
- Received the 1st prize in Japan Traditional Crafts Forum 2013:
kumihanaa hair accessory series designed with traditional Kyoto cord braiding technique. (designed by st+to)
- Received the 2nd prize in JAPAN TEX 2012 Interior Design Competition.
- Received the 2nd prize in Erik Jørgensen Design Award for two person sofa for seniors.