Since 1989, when the company was founded, Horm.it furnishes living spaces by creating emotions and transforming homes, public spaces and workplaces into warm, welcoming and functional environments. The values that distinguish Horm.it are: design, entrusted to internationally-famous architects and designers, passion, which is the engine that drives the entire process of generating ideas and, finally, the home, understood as a private or commercial environment and destination of all products of the collection. On the living-space design landscape, Horm.it defines its identity through two distinct design approaches, proposing both pure, functional forms and true domestic sculptures that occupy the subtle space that divides seriality from art. Wood, the star of Horm.it’s history, is combined with glass, stone and metal that, together, offset each other in an aesthetic logic from the neutral tones of white and black, contrasting with possible optional lacquered colours.
The collection’s common denominator is exclusivity, expressed through refined technologies or invisible mechanisms and always distinguished by precise craftsmanship and attention to detail. With its wide range of over 70 products, which come in a variety of sizes and finishes, Horm.it is able to create complete living environments that range from the dining room to the study and from the bedroom to the living room. Above all, however, with its range of furniture, which bring together simplicity, art and innovation, Horm.it offers a home environment that is essential, as well as refined, lending every home an air of uniqueness and exclusivity.
In Old Aramaic, the word “horm” means “sacred enclosure with the right to asylum”. This enclosure, metaphorically speaking, has been constructed and looked after in Northeast Italy, a few kilometres from the city of Pordenone. It receives great masters of contemporary architecture, artists of international fame and versatile designers who, thanks to the experience handed down from generation to generation and the passion for wood of the local craftsmen, contribute to the development of products of great character that combine aesthetics, functionality and awe.
- Service areas
- All across the UK
- North & South America
- Middle East
- Pasiano di Pordenone (PN)
- Show all 11 service areas
- Company awards
- The company was created in 1989 and has since gained an enviable series of important international awards, including three Compasso d’Oro awards (1998, 2004, and 2008), and two Chicago Athenaeum Good Design Award (2013/2014). http://www.horm.it/en/awards/
- The company has also built a solid global network of resellers, exporting its products to over 70 countries in 2014.
- Among the architects and designers collaborating with the company are: Mario Bellini, Mario Botta, Steven Holl, Toyo Ito,
- Matteo Thun, Karim Rashid, Todd Bracher, Sebastian Errazuriz, Ilaria Marelli, Salvatore Indriolo, Meneghello Paolelli Associati.
Via Gradisca 1
33077 Pasiano di Pordenone (PN)