What will a Leicester Bathroom Designer do for me?
Although making a bathroom beautiful is certainly part of their job description, Bathroom Designers are more focused on the planning of a bathroom to make it as functional and easy to use as possible. Thus, a Bathroom Designer’s job includes focusing on the correct placement of bathtubs, showers, basins, etc; choosing functional and attractive lighting; using the best materials and finishes; working with appropriate colour palettes and patterns; etc.
Bathroom design makes up a crucial portion of bathroom building or –renovating, as it provides the blueprint for the rest of the project to proceed. Once a design has been agreed on, your Bathroom Designer will have completed:
· a detailed floor plan,
· all the relevant elevations,
· the layout of the ceiling and electrical work,
· the location of all plumbing,
· the details of any custom joinery,
· and a list of all the products to be used in your finished bathroom.
It is undoubtedly an advantage to make use of a professional Bathroom Designer for a new bathroom, as it is considered one of the most important spaces in a home, especially if you plan on putting it on the market (potential buyers will scope out the kitchens and bathrooms first).
What must I do before I hire a Leicester Bathroom Designer?
1. Do your research. You’ve probably spent lots of time fantasising about a bigger shower, claw-foot tub, and amazing lighting fixtures for your new bathroom. So, why would you want to rush picking a professional for the job? After drawing up a list of potential candidates for your project, narrow it down to at least three for interviews. Ask about past clients, but also do your own research online by looking for customer reviews.
2. Ensure they are familiar with your kind of job. There is a difference between tearing out an entire bathroom to design a brand-new one, and only doing a few minor touch-ups to an existing space. Make sure the Bathroom Designer you are interviewing has experienced with your type of project in terms of size, scope and budget.
3. Ask them to quote on everything. Ask all the potential candidates to provide quotations on your type of project, as comparing prices is one of the best ways to narrow it down. Make sure everything is quoted for: all new materials, relevant sub-contractors, removing old fixtures, etc. And remember that even though it’s natural to want to save money where possible, the cheapest quote is not always the right one – experience and reliability are far more important. Besides, you are looking forward to a beautiful bathroom that can put up with lots of wear and tear over its lifespan – you need to make sure the Bathroom Designer you employ is equally committed to providing you with what you want.
How much will a Leicester Bathroom Designer cost?
There is no definite answer, as the final costs of a new bathroom can depend on various factors such as the size and shape of a bathroom, the quality of fixtures and materials, the reputation and experience of the designers, plus location (London generally charges more than other places in the UK).
For instance, designing and fitting a small bathroom job, such as a new basin, can cost from £70-£120. Bigger projects, like tiling a large bathroom, can cost as much as £1,000.
The average cost of a bathroom is about £4,500. However, you can cut down on costs by shopping smart and comparing prices – not only of materials and finishes, but also the various quotes of different Bathroom Designers. And it is definitely possible to achieve a brand-new bathroom with a deluxe designer’s look for as little as £2,000.
Is Planning Permission needed for my new bathroom design?
Generally no – unless your new bathroom forms part of a house extension. However, if your property is a listed building, it is best to seek advice from your local planning authority.
What are important questions to ask my Bathroom Designer when meeting them?
· How long have you been working in the industry?
· Were you formally trained?
· How and where did you acquire your experience?
· Do you belong to any professional associations?
· Are you licensed and insured?
· Do you have any references I can get in contact with?
· Do you provide written warranties?
· Will my bathroom project require a permit?
· Can you provide an estimate of how long this project will take?
· Will you provide options for different materials relevant to my project?
How can I find the perfect professional Bathroom Designer in Leicester?
homify has made searching for a Bathroom Designer in the UK easier than ever before. Our collections of professionals are grouped into different categories via job title (Architect, Interior Designer, Gardener, etc.) and then clustered into further categories via location / city / town.
Simply select ‘Leicester’ from the list at the very bottom of the ‘Bathroom Designers’ page, or type it into the ‘search’ bar.
To make your search even easier, we make sure to provide as much information on each professional as possible, including contact details, website, images and details of past projects, and customer reviews.