Why hire a Landscape Architect?
You may wonder what’s the point of going through the hassle of locating a professional Landscape Architect just to spruce up your outdoors?
· What about the fact that a beautiful garden (front and back) can increase your property value by up to 15%?
· Or the fact that these professionals can turn your ordinary outdoor spaces into expertly designed areas ideal for socialising and relaxing?
· Or that a professional Landscape Architect provides expert knowledge on all things related to gardens and landscape design, such as ‘soft’ design (which is plant care) and ‘hard’ options (like pathways, patios, and water features).
Why choose a Manchester Landscape Architect?
Working with a Manchester Landscape Architect means you are in contact with a professional who can introduce you to other experts in the industry, such as Gardeners, Architects, and many more.
In addition, working with a local also means:
· Lower travel expenses for all parties
· Paying less on transporting materials for your project
· Benefitting from the Landscape Architect’s knowledge on the local climate and environment, preferred plants and soil types, relevant building regulations, plus the applicable authority’s planning regulations.
What will determine the costs of a Landscape Architect in Manchester?
No two landscaping projects will be the same, as client briefs can differ considerably. Additionally, there are also a range of factors that can influence the final price you will be quoted on by your Landscape Architect, such as:
· Your garden’s size
· The scope of the project
· The quality of finishes / materials of your landscape design
· The type of plants and accessories you want
· The professional’s daily or hourly rate
· The level of expertise of the Landscape Architect
· The professional’s efficiency.
What to keep in mind when searching for the perfect Landscape Architect
1. The type of services they offer
Like other professionals, Landscape Architects can also specialise in certain areas. Generally speaking, they fall into one of three categories, depending on the kind of services they provide:
· Design only: These Landscape Architects will generally do a site analysis and discuss a client’s needs with them. A preliminary design will follow and they will also take care of any revisions based on the client’s feedback, plus provide a final detailed master plan for the garden or yard. But then, this detailed master design and construction document will be handed over to the client (or a landscape contractor of their choosing) to take it from there.
· Design-build: The same design services as above are provided, plus the overseeing of plant purchases and installation. Contractors are required for permitting and installing of all hardscape elements. In some cases, the Landscape Architect is also a registered contractor; other times, they will have one on their team.
· Full service: For the full-blown package, certain Landscape Architects will offer all of the above, plus oversee ongoing maintenance of the garden.
2. The kind of style they generally work with
It helps to have a clear idea of the style you want for your outdoor space before meeting with your Landscape Architect. If you’re keen on a modern, clean-lined garden, enquire if the professional has any experience with those types of designs. If their portfolio shows no evidence of the particular style you’re after, check out their credentials for evidence of appropriate training. Degrees from accredited landscape design colleges and memberships in professional organisations are generally good indicators.
3. Their qualifications
A lot of larger firms don’t hire newly graduated Landscape Architects until they’ve completed some additional work placements and in-house training. But even for a freelance professional, a BA in Landscape Architecture is the minimum requirement to work in the industry.
What questions to ask a Landscape Architect during your initial meeting
· Have you ever worked on projects similar to mine?
· Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
· What is your estimated cost for my project?
· What is your estimated timeline for my project?
· Do you regularly work with the same contractors? (Contractors who know the Landscape Architect’s work will usually be able to follow their designs much more efficiently)
· Do you foresee any problems with regards to Planning Permission?
Finding the right Landscape Architect in Manchester
Thanks to homify’s wide collection of professionals in the building- and design industry, finding a Landscape Architect in Manchester is easy and quick. Simply click on ‘Manchester’ in the locations/cities at the bottom of the ‘Landscape Architect’ page, or type in ‘Manchester’ in the ‘search’ bar.
Aside from location, our lists of professionals include additional data such as contact details, portfolio projects, plus customer reviews.
Besides searching on homify, there are other ways of finding a Landscape Architect for your Manchester project:
· Via word-of-mouth referrals
· Looking at leads found in landscaping / gardening magazines
· Referrals from other Landscape Architects.