What kind of services can a painter provide?
The painter is the professional responsible for applying any type of paint to a
given surface. However, we can divide this profession into three specialisations
that will help you refine your search when you need this professional:
- Construction painter : As its name implies, a construction
painter is the painter we hire to do the finishes of a home. Before applying the
paint, this professional prepares the surface that will undergo the
intervention, making it able to receive the final product (sandpaper, clean,
apply primer, etc.);
- maintenance painter : How many times have you not
encountered a spot of moisture on a wall due to an infiltration or other similar
problem? Or surely it has happened to you that you need to give a new color to
the facade of your house, the painting of which has been lost over the years.
Well, these are typical services for a maintenance painter who will not only
paint the surfaces in question, but will be careful to look for paints that meet
the needs of wall problems;
- Artisan painter : Our last specialisation is about a type
of work that we do not always remember when we talk about painters, but which is
as valid as the previous ones. Artisan painters are true artists and use their
creativity and artistic streak to make unique interventions. This is the
professional you will want to call if you want to have a different painting on
the living room wall or if you want to give a custom touch to a piece of
furniture you have at home.
If I want to hire a painter, what should I do?
If you are considering hiring a painter, you have already identified two basic
problems in your home: the first is that it needs an intervention and the second
is that the reader does not feel able to take the project forward. No problem
and that's why professionals exist!
Now that you are starting from a foundation, ask yourself some questions to
start outlining the project:
- what surfaces will be intervened?
- Who can I turn to for advice on professionals in this area?
- what kind of finish do I want?
- do we change colors or keep as is?
- Will some surface treatment be required?
- What is the budget I have for the project?
- What urgency do I have for its conclusion?
- How long can the intervention exceed the initial term?
- If the house becomes unusable during the procedures, what alternatives do I
These are some ideas you should consider when hiring a painter. There will
certainly be a lot more to think about, but from now on other questions may
arise - and the professional himself will help you guide the entire process even
What are the advantages of hiring a painter in Wigan?
As with everything in life, hiring a professional is always less risky than
doing a project of our own. Of course there is a lot we can do, either from our
experience, from seeing tutorials on the internet, or from falling for manual
work. However, larger jobs tend to be more complex, so the help of a
professional is never to be ruled out .
Hiring a professional painter can bring you many advantages, including:
- being a specialist, the painter can offer greater security in the work
- greater control of deadlines;
- more quality in the service provided;
- time saver (will avoid having to go to the nearest building supply store
It may sound simple and easy, but painting walls can have a number of unforeseen
issues that are difficult to solve, so a professional will be very helpful to
you throughout the process.
How do I find a painter in Wigan?
To be able to find a painter in the municipality of Wigan you can use several
- The homify is one of the most effective ways to
search for a painter in Wigan. On our website we bring together projects from
professionals in the areas of construction, architecture, interior design and
decoration. The painters are among them! Each professional registered on our
platform has their own profile, which includes albums with projects already
completed, as well as contact information and address.
- Personal contact network : We suggest that you start by
picking up your mobile phone and understanding among all your personal contacts
who can help you in this area. Do you have any painter friends? Do you know
anyone who has ever needed this type of service? Do a quick survey and see who
can give you some feedback about a professional in this area;
- Social networks : Social networks, in
addition to bringing people together, can help you get recommendations on a wide
range of subjects. If so, it makes perfect sense to try your luck and make a
publication asking for recommendations from painters in the Wigan area. You can
also slightly widen the range for neighbouring municipalities
- internet : through any search engine, enter the right
keywords and find a variety of solutions to your needs, also looking for
customer reviews of the professionals you choose;
- Paint or building supply stores : This is not always the
first idea that comes to mind when we need a professional in the field of
construction, but the fact is that stores selling materials for such projects
may be the best place to go. find contacts of painters, plumbers, floor
installers , among others. Ask at a specific paint shop or a generic one if they
have contact with a painter.