This house was built by Sir Guy Dawber in 1907. Its mellow brickwork, dominant chimneys and mature gardens fulfilled the English idyll of the Arts and Crafts. It had however small rooms, poor relationships between rooms and the gardens and little natural light.
Our project extended the house in three directions, nearly doubling its size. Most of this work matches the original design, other than a Portland Stone rear loggia. This forms an outdoor covered area, dissolves barriers between house and garden and unifies varied architectural elements. There is now a large drawing room, kitchen, dining room, family room, study library, gym and five bedrooms. All relate well to each other and are full of natural light.